PHOTOGRAPHIC COMPETITION 2020
Not House and Garden - House and Car!
On the way to Dedham on the 16th of July 2010 after having taking over Betty Blue at Stansted Airport that day from the previous owner to then get the ferry for Esbjerg at Harwich next day. Klaus Gieck
DLOC Photographic Competition Rules 2020
1. The subject for the Photographic Competition 2020 is ‘NOT HOUSE AND HOME - HOUSE AND CAR!’ The theme is open to individual interpretation.
2. Entries can be taken anywhere in the world.
3. The competition is open to all DLOC members and their families and must have been taken by them.
4. Entrants should submit one photo per subject as an electronic image. A maximum of 4 subjects per entrant is allowed.
5. Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches or to make it brighter & clearer but must not be manipulated.
6. Each entry should be accompanied with name, address, membership number, contact telephone number (both daytime and evening) and where and when the photo was taken.
7. A full description of the vehicle, including year of manufacture and model, must also accompany the entry.
8. Entries should be sent to: the magazine Editor and marked DLOC Photographic Competition 2020. The address is in the magazine
9. The competition closes at midnight on Sunday 13 September 2020.
10. All entries will, initially, be judged by a panel of judges (made up from Board members who have NOT entered the competition).
The judges will select a shortlist of photographs (the 'Finalists') which, in their opinion, best illustrate the theme of the competition. They will consider a range of factors including composition, technical ability, originality, interpretation of the brief and the visual appeal of the photographs.
11. The winner will be selected from the ‘Finalists’, by the President and the Editor (neither of whom can enter the competition).
12. The winner will receive a prize of £50 worth of merchandise vouchers. There is no cash alternative.
13. All entrants must:
a) be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered,
b) not infringe the rights of any other party and
c) have obtained permission of any/all people featured in the entries.
14. Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit. By entering the competition all entrants grant to the DLOC the right to publish and exhibit their photographs without charge.
15. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules.
16. The judges' decisions will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.