PHOTOGRAPHIC COMPETITION 2022
This year's subject: Highs and Lows
1966. The highs - SP and 10ft caravan, sunshine and parked on the banks of a Loch. Look closely and you will see the dog is in charge of the car. The lows - when it rains and the mosquitos. Duncan Saunders
DLOC Photographic Competition Rules 2022
Highs and Lows
1. The subject for the Photographic Competition 2022 is 'Highs and Lows'. The theme is open to individual interpretation, though there must be a “car of our marque” in the photograph.
2. Entries can be taken anywhere in the world.
3. The competition is open to all DLOC members and their families and must have been taken by them.
4. Entrants should submit one photo per subject as an electronic image of excellent quality. A maximum of 4 subjects per entrant is allowed.
5. Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches or to make it brighter & clearer but must not be manipulated.
6. Each entry should be accompanied with name, address, membership number, contact telephone number (both daytime and evening) and where and when the photo was taken.
7. Each photograph must be titled with the name of sender, model name of the car and location of picture.
8. A fuller description of the vehicle, including year of manufacture and model, must also accompany the entry.
9. Entries should be sent to: the magazine Editor and marked DLOC Photographic Competition 2022. The address and email address is in the magazine. It is the Club’s preference to receive the images in electronic form to email@example.com or can be uploaded directly to the Club website www.dloc.org.uk/photo-competition
10. Images should be as high quality as possible and more the 2Mb if possible. The Editor will collect all the pictures and images may be sent to him vis WeTransfer which is a free to use file transfer system
11. The competition closes at midnight on Sunday 18th September 2022.
12. All entries will, initially, be judged by a panel of Board members who have NOT entered the competition. The judges will select a shortlist of photographs (the 'Finalists') which, in their opinion, best illustrate the theme of the competition. They will consider a range of factors including composition, technical ability, originality, interpretation of the brief and the visual appeal of the photographs.
13. The winner will be selected from the ‘Finalists’, by the President and the Editor (neither of whom can enter the competition).
14. The winner will receive a prize of Free membership for a year or a £25 cheque. There is no cash alternative.
15. All those entrants that have a picture in the calendar will receive a free calendar.
16. All entrants must:
a) be the sole owner of the copyright in all photographs entered,
b) not infringe the rights of any other party and
c) have obtained permission of any/all people featured in the entries.
17. Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit. By entering the competition all entrants grant to the DLOC the right to publish and exhibit their photographs without charge.
18. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules.
19. The judges' decisions will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.